Stephen Hawking by CD
After Hawking’s 21st birthday he was diagnosed with a disease that gets worse over time. In 1960 Hawking needed crutches to walk and soon after he couldn’t write. By 1970 only his family could understand what he was saying. Now he is nearly completely paralysed and talks through a speech device.
He was married twice and he has three children. Hawking is a big fan of ”Star Trek”.
One of Stephen Hawking’s quotes is:
“However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed”.
Science of Haw-Eye and Sport by TC
Science Facts by AC
2. Your brain in 80% water.
3. Sound travels almost 4 times faster in water than in air.
4. 0.3% of the solar energy from the Sahara is enough to power the whole of Europe.
5. Oak trees produce 2.200 acorns in a season, but each acorn only has 1 in 10,000 chance of becoming an oak tree.
6. Only 12,000 years ago there was a species closely related to modern humans called Homo floresiensis that had been living on an Indonesian Island. They used fire and rather advanced tools, yet were only about 3 feet tall and weighed around 25kg.
7. Pumice is the only rock that floats.
8. The smell of freshly Scientists at the Zhejiang University in China have developed an ultra-light material known as carbon aerogel.
9.The smell of freshly cut grass is actually a plant distress call.
10. Einstein is a genius, FACT.